Who Are We?
Rocky Point Charter School is a public Expeditionary Learning Charter School in Redding, CA offering exciting educational opportunities for students in kindergarten through eighth grade. We are excited to provide this innovative and highly successful program to Shasta County families. Both our parents and students feel we are one of the best schools in Redding. We have a great student-to-teacher ratio to provide your child with the best personalized instruction in the area.
• to equip students to read, write, speak, calculate and think with clarity and precision
• to equip students to participate passionately and ethically in the life of the community
• to provide a rigorous hands-on educational experience emphasizing high expectations, learning by doing, character growth, teamwork, and literacy
Enrollment is now open at this unique charter school for Expeditionary Learning.
What’s unique about us?
1) Our Approach
Our curriculum revolves around Learning Expeditions. Learning Expeditions are long-term studies of a single topic in which teachers connect rigorous academic learning, aligned with standards, to adventure, service and character development. Expeditionary Learning has enjoyed overwhelming success in 140 schools and is found in twenty nine states.
2) Our School Size
We are dedicated to maintaining a personalized academic environment. Our size will enable us to review each student’s abilities so we can design and individualize instruction that will maximize their academic potential. Unlike most large schools in California, our small size will also help in creating a safe, nurturing environment in which students, staff, and families work together cooperatively as a team.
3) Our Commitment to Ongoing Excellence
Expeditionary Learning is a proven educational approach to teaching and learning that creates a school culture that motivates students to take responsibility for their own learning and do more than they thought they could ever accomplish. Students, staff, and parents work together to actively support students in reaching their greatest potential.
Rocky Point Charter School provides a dynamic academic program with challenging explorations that incorporate the following key characteristics :
- a California standards-based curriculum designed to prepare our students for future academic success
- an emphasis on fieldwork that encourages student learning in and from the community
- extended class periods for in-depth learning experiences that bring traditional concepts alive by relating them to the world around us
- a sense of adventure
- community service and character development
Come join us in a school where students experience the excitement of learning and excel beyond their greatest expectations! Go to our Enrollment page.